Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm so bad at blogging...

So sorry for those who come in here and not find anything new...

I've been back in Calgary for almost 8 months now. Time flies!! There are days that I truly miss Milano, Europe, but mostly all the friends I've met in my 10 months abroad...

It's been good to be back, be able to see my friends and be with my love. The first few weeks were really hard though... Yes, culture shock!! =( Even though Canada has become my home, it's always weird to be back... I guess after all it's still not HOME... or just the culture/people make it "hard"...

I spent August and September busy with my Brazilian performances during the many festivals in the city, re-adjusting, spending time with people and relaxing... I started looking for jobs but the economy decided to take a new turn and slow down which was quite frustrating because I didn't catch the boom... I didn't get a job till Nov as an admin assistant contractor... The job has been good, the people are nice, but I hope to be able to get a job in my area, Business/Int'l Business that is, sooner than later... It's "funny", I catch myself interested in "career change" subjects in the newspaper when I haven't even started my career which makes me wonder if I was at all interested in business or if I'll be interested in it when the economy recovers...

So, the last few months have also been hard and stressful for my family and I because of finances; the slow economy and some bad management/decisions have majorly affected our family business... I've been working my normal 8-hour + 3-hour shifts everyday at the restaurant + trying to go to the gym and getting home by 10pm... This has been quite tiring, and yes, I've not been able to go to the gym many times because my body complains about it and I just have to stop before I get sick which is a NO-NO at the moment.

We're closing the business as it's the best solution now... Dad went through a surgery as well, so he's supposed to be resting and recovering from it. I'm glad we're closing it but at the same time a bit sad, it's just a weird mix of feelings. Well, looking at the bright side, at least I'll be able to have a life again, do what I want to do after working for 8 hours, go to the gym, be able to socialize with people, spend some time with my boy who I've been negleting but so patiently putting up with my bad moody days...

God is not just good, God is great! God provides all the time. I'm so thankful for all that He's done for my family, for His miracle healing over dad's surgery and for all that He's going to do in my life and in my family's. I'm thankful for all my friends who have been by my side, powerful prayer warriors!!

Many changes on the way, many promises to be fulfilled, many miracles to unveal.

Life is a journey!! I'm excited to see what God has in store for us!!

Thanks for reading my blabing... Have a wonderful day!! God bless!

1 comment:

Família Kuamoto Todyruik said...

Querida Lê,
Recentemente eu 'descobri' o teu blog. Na verdade acidentalmente. Finalmente consegui ver as suas fotos e até ler um pouco de suas aventuras! Mas a minha maior supresa foi saber que o seu pai tinha passado por uma cirurgia e que vocês tinham fechado o restaurante. Envio aqui minhas preces de dias alegres e enviamos muita energia positiva para ajuntar a sua própia energia radiante e batalhadora. És uma batalhadora com toda certeza! Saudades...